Crown Apple Pie
If you know much about this ol' Cowboy, you know I appreciate a little brown liquor, and adding a touch of Crown Royal Regal Apple Whiskey to America's favorite dessert "Cowboyed" it up just right! Y'all give it a try & let me know whatcha think. I'll publish the Perfect Pie Crust recipe in a separate post, so be on the watch for that one!
Double Crust Pie Pastry (watch for post for the Perfect Pie Crust!)
1 Egg, beaten
2 T Water
1-2 t Coarse Sugar
1/2 t Ground Cinnamon
6-7 C Apples, peeled & sliced
1 T Lemon Juice
¾ -1 C Granulated Sugar
3 T Flour
¾ t Ground Cinnamon
¼ t Ground Nutmeg
¼ C Crown Royal Apple
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients and toss well. Set aside.
3. Line a 9” pie plate with pastry dough. Fill with Apple Filling.
4. Roll out top crust, place on top of pie. Seal edges and remove any excess dough. Cut 4-5 slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
5. Beat egg and brush top of pie. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
6. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 375° and bake an additional 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden and the apples are tender.
7. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.