It's that time of year again where you long for something to warm you from the inside out. This is one of those dishes easy to prepare in advance and reheat when it's time to serve. Actually, it's best that way, as it allows time for the flavors to marry. Back by popular demand. Enjoy!
Chicken & Dumplings Ingredients: 1 Stick Butter
2 Lg Carrots, diced
1 Med Onion, diced
2 Stalks Celery, minced
3 C Shredded Chicken
2 t Herbs de Provence
3 Bay Leaves
2 t Kosher Salt
2 t Black Pepper
6 T Flour divided into a 4 T and 2 T portions
48 oz. Chicken Stock
2 C Angel Biscuit Dough* Instructions: 1. In large stock pot over medium heat, melt Butter.
2. Add Mirepoix (Carrots, Onion and Celery) and sauté until onions are translucent.
3. Add Chicken, Bay Leaves, Herbs de Provence, Salt, Pepper and mix well, then
4. Add the 4 T of Flour and stir for 1 minute until the herbs and flour are well combined.
5. Slowly, add the Chicken Stock, 1 C at a time until it’s well incorporated, scraping bottom of the pan constantly, about 3 minutes. Reduce heat to a low simmer and simmer the stock mixture for 30 minutes. If stock is too thick, thin with more Chicken Stock.
6. While stock mixture is simmering, roll Biscuit dough out on a floured surface until ½ inch thick. Cut biscuit dough into 2-inch squares, dust with 2 T of Flour and set aside.
7. After the stock mixture has simmered 30 minutes, add the biscuit strips slowly, stirring constantly until all have been fully incorporated into the stock. Let simmer 10 minutes, then remove from heat and cover the pot for ten additional minutes.
8. Serve in individual bowls with Angel Biscuits on the side. Enjoy!
*see Angel Biscuit dough recipe at https://www.cowboychefnewton.com/single-post/2017/11/08/ANGEL-BISCUITS