In honor of the State Fair of Texas opening, I felt the need to share an appetizer that is indeed deep fried, which seems to be a bad word these days, or 2 bad words, actually! The succulent Lobster in these Lobster Balls may make it a bit too pricy for the Midway, but makes it a perfect Amuse Bouche for you and your guests!
¾ C Coarse Bread Crumbs or Panko
½ C Flour
1 t Baking Powder
½ t Granulated Garlic
2 t Tarragon
½ t Lime Powder
½ t Kosher Salt
1/3 C Parmesan Cheese
1 t Lemon Juice
16 oz Raw Lobster Meat, finely chopped
1 Scallion/Green Onion, chopped or ¼ C Green Bell Pepper, chopped
½ Small Sweet Onion, finely chopped
3 Eggs, well-beaten
Vegetable Oil for frying
1. In medium mixing bowl, whisk together Bread Crumbs, Flour, Baking Powder, Garlic, Tarragon, Lime Powder, Salt & Parmesan Cheese.
2. Add Lemon Juice, Lobster, Scallions, Sweet Onion, and Eggs. Stir until well-combined.
3. Let rest for 15 minutes.
4. In large skillet or deep-fryer, heat oil to 375°.
5. Roll lobster mixture into 1½” balls and deep fry until golden brown.
6. Enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce, on a Po’Boy roll with your favorite toppings, atop a bed of linguine, or however you desire!