Nothing better than a good, hearty Biscuit to get you through the day. These traditional biscuits are quick and easy to make since they don’t have to rise. Change them up a bit by adding your favorite things, like 1 C shredded Cheddar Cheese and 1 T Cracked Black Pepper or 1/2 C Green Chiles - make them your own!
2 C All Purpose Flour
1 T Baking Powder
1 t Salt
1 T Sugar
1/3 C Shortening
1 C Milk
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. In large bowl, whisk together Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, and Sugar. Cut in the
shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
3. Gradually stir in Milk until
dough pulls away from the side of the bowl.
4. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead 15 to 20 times. Pat or roll dough out to
1 inch thick. Cut biscuits with a large cutter or juice glass dipped in flour. Repeat
until all dough is used.
5. Brush off the excess flour, and place biscuits onto an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges begin to brown.